Friday, July 2, 2010

Setting it straight..... we are actually pretty devious

Schreibstuck is featured in the Straight this week, take a look.

One week today- and the anticipated union of all three trios will take place. I just spoke to Dan Safer this morning from Brooklyn, it was great to connect and hear a bit more of his side of the schreibstuck story. Dan's company Witness Relocation has performed their trio, version #13 in Bangkok and in Atlanta in two separate productions.

Now heading north-west for the Canadian Premiere I will be happy to share the stage with such a German structuralist expert!

I haven't actually specifically counted out the number of times or ways we have deviated from Thomas' instructions.... but I think we are staying straight and narrow when it comes to his intent... But then again it is my interpretation of his intent. But what is deviating, and what is staying true to your voice. I didn't set out to be a rule breaker, sometimes this just happens. It's my truth to fit in. conscious, sub-conscious and accidental it's all there.

Maybe I will post how many times I broke the rules, but I think I will wait till the last day of the production... so YOU can experience some anticipation as well.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment